100% Pure Yacon Syrup
- Versatile natural sweetener.
- Malty, light caramel flavour.
- Made from organically grown Yacon Root.
- Very Low GI value of 1!
- Drizzle into or over foods.
- Use in baking and cooking.
This sticky brown syrup is made from the tuberous roots of the Yacon plant (Smallanthus sonchifolius) and is high in fructo-oligosaccharides, which are a pre-biotic. Yacon root is popular in Peru, Bolivia and Brazil for these digestive qualities.
This natural sweetener has recently been reintroduced to the UK and Europe.
Use Yacon syrup to sweeten porridge and yoghurt. Use in place of maple syrup or honey on pancakes.
Suitable for vegans, vegetarians and those following a calorie controlled diet.